It’s been something like two months since I arrived in France.
- I dream in French (and sleep talk in French too, apparently).
- I’m pretty fearless when it comes to trying new cheeses. I recently discovered one that I love with a black rind. My dream is to make friends with the cheese vendor at the market this spring.
- Every time I realize that I’ve just had a whole conversation in another language, I feel like magic.
- I didn’t even care about Nutella before I came here, but now I can’t seem to get enough.
- My sources inform me that the American accent is “sexy” to French men. My source also was a high school boy who blushed his way through the sentence.
- I spend most evenings riding my bike until it’s dark, and then making the most French meal I know how.
I think at the start of this new month, I’m feeling more comfortable here. There were a lot of things that made the first month really difficult (like rain + language barriers), but with the nicer weather I have more opportunities to leave my apartment and explore the town. And my French is coming along, too.